Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany is looking on short notice, as a temporary replacement, for an Officer in the Political/Protocol and Economic Section of the Embassy until 31 July 2022 (maximum 11 months).
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Support of the Political and Economic Team at the German Embassy
• Protocol Issues, Logistics and Support for Delegations including willingness to travel
• Liaison Officer with the Protocol Office of the Kingdom of Saudi-Arabia, coordination with the competent Ministries in Germany (both orally and in writing)
• Travel arrangements and organization of meetings for delegations
• Event Management and Sponsoring
• Drafting of Arabic and English (and possibly German) letters, mails, Verbal notes
• Conducting independent internet and media research and technical support
• Research Officer in the Economic Section, e.g. Statistics
• Administrate process for settlement of outstanding company claims; responding to company inquiries
• Participation and Reports on Trade Fairs
• Perform coordination tasks in the field of green energy partnerships including the new Hydrogen Diplomacy Office
Requirements for the position are:
• Bachelor or equivalent university degree in communication/languages, economics, business administration, social, political or a related subject or equivalent qualification and experience as foreign language assistant/team assistant/personal assistant
• High interest in international and external relations
• Very good knowledge of English and possibly Arabic (both reading and writing)
• Additional German knowledge (e.g. reading, understanding) is an advantage
• Social and communication skills, creativity and initiative as well as the ability to work in a team, willingness to cope with irregular and flexible working hours and business trips
• Work experience in the field of Event Management, Protocol, communication and/or office organization and in the economic sector is highly desirable
• Additional for non-Saudi candidates: Transferable work / residence permit / Iqama
In order to be eligible for consideration your application must include:
• Motivation letter (both in English, Arabic and/or German)
• References and/or testimonials, diplomas
• Copy of passport
• Additionally for non-Saudis: Copy of Iqama/work /residence permit for Saudi Arabia
What do we offer?
• This local position at the German Embassy in Riyadh is offered preferably as a full time employment (part time employment may be discussed) for a period of maximum 11 months
• An interesting job in a multicultural and multilingual environment
• Pleasant work atmosphere in the Embassy Team
• Local employment contract with salary according to the Embassy Salary Scheme
Please send your application and the above mentioned documents by e-mail only to
email@example.com by 30 of August, at the latest.
Unfortunately we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of applications. We will only be contacting candidates who will be invited to an interview. We regret we are unable to refund travel expenses arising from interviews.
Please note that we may only consider complete applications. Applicants who fulfill the requested criteria and who are shortlisted will be invited early September for a written test / interview.
We are looking forward to your application!