If you wish to join a family member who is a recognized Syrian refugee in Germany, please use the application forms and list of needed documents below. Please also note that there is a separate category for you at our appointment booking system. Make sure you choose the correct category when booking your appointment!
Please note the special procedure for family reunification to Syrians entitled to subsidiary protection only! For further information click here!
For additional information, please visit this special website for Syrian refugees and their families.
VISA to enter Germany to reunite with family members who are recognized refugees (for stays over 3 months)
The visa enables spouses, parents of minors living in Germany and minors of parents living in Germany to reunite with the family. Other family members such as parents of adults or siblings, aunts and uncles need to prove a severe personal situation when applying for a visa.
Applications need to be complete. Applicants who do not have all requested documents will not be able to submit their application. In this case, a new appointment has to be booked in order to submit missing documents. This list shall help preparing the required documents. Please have them ready in the order mentioned below.
1. General documentation required for all types of visa
- Passport (signed personally and with a validity of min. 6 months at the date of application, containing at least one blank page); (Original and two copies of all pages that are not blank)
- 2 application forms, duly completed and signed
- 2 declarations art. 54 and 55 German Residence Act, duly completed and signed
- 3 passport pictures not older than 6 months, photos must meet the requirements
- Iqama (original and 2 copies)
Or, if applicable.
- Visit Visa for Saudi Arabia with stamp of first entry (2 copies)
2. Further documents to reunite with family members in Germany
- Recognition as refugee/asylum seeker by the German Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge (BAMF including the letter from the BAMF (2 copies)
- application for a visa for family reunion previously sent to the competent alien's authority or Embassy within 3 months after the official recognition (according to Art. 29 German Residence Act - 2 copies)
- Copy of Syrian family register
If following spouse:
- marriage certificate
If following parents or one parent:
- birth certificate of applicant
- marriage certificate of parents
If married before reaching the age of 18 years:
- written consent of parents
If married through a representative of one of the spouses
- Special authorization with complete names of both spouses issued before the marriage
- Copy of passport of the recognized refugee in Germany (two copies)
- Alien's pasport from Germany (2 copies)
- Residence permit of recognized refugee in Germany (2 copies)
- Certificate of residency (Meldebescheinigung) in Germany (2 copies)
Please note that the Embassys reserves the right to ask for further documents that could then be submitted later by E-Mail or courier.
General rules for submitting documents:
Foreign official documents need to be legalized by the German Embassy of the country that issued the document (exception: documents from Iraq).
The visa fee is 75,-EUR (payable in SAR at the relevant exchange rate of the day). No further fees apply. The application forms are available online free of charge.
Please book your appointment by choosing the right category first. If you choose the wrong category your visa application will not be accepted! We have a separate appointment category especially for family members of recognized Syrian refugees.
Each applicant (also minors) needs a separate appointment. Double bookings will be cancelled without notice and future appointment bookings will be blocked.
In order to book an appointment you will have to provide us with a valid email address and your correct name and passport number (in Latin letters). After you have successfully booked an appointment, you will receive a confirmation by email. If you didn't receive a confirmation email, please check your spam-folder before contacting the Embassy. Please present a printout of the appointment confirmation to our security guards at the visa section. Access will only be allowed if the passport data matches exactly with the details on the printout of your appointment confirmation.
Please make sure to be on time - otherwise your application will not be accepted.
Book your appointment for the relevant category here