German Embassy Riyadh
Jörg Ranau, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
+966 112 77 69 00
+966 114 88 06 60
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, P.O. Box 94001, Riyadh 11693, Saudi Arabia.
Diplomatic Quarter, Riyadh.
Opening hours/contact for consular matters (not for visa issues)
Public counter hours:
08:30 am – 11:30 am
01:00 pm – 03:00 pm (only collection of documents/passports)
On the following Public Holidays, the Embassy and the Consulate General will remain closed:
|Tuesday||01.01.2019||New Year's Day|
|Wednesday & Thursday||05.06 & 06.06.2019||Eid al-Fitr|
|Sunday & Mondaay||11.08. & 12.08.2019||Eid al-Adha (Hadj)|
|Monday||23.09.2019||Saudi National Day|
|Thursday||03.10.2019||Day of German Unity|
Administrative / consular district
Consular district: Central and Eastern Province including the Provinces Qasim, al-Mintaqa al-Scharqiya (Eastern Province), Hail, al-Hudud al-Schamaliya (Northern Province), Jouf und Riyadh.
Fax: +966 114 88 02 79
German Ambassador Jörg Ranau
Returning to the country where I started my diplomatic career, I myself and the entire Embassy seek to give renewed momentum to initiatives implementing our shared vision for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable future.German Ambassador Jörg Ranau
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany announces the vacancy of the position of an Assistant for Protocol, Event Management and Logistics with effect of December 1st, 2019 for one- year during the G20 Presidency of the Kingdom of Saudi-Arabia.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support of the G20-Team at the German Embassy
- Protocol affairs, logistics and support for delegations in the framework of the G20-Presidency of the Kingdom of Saudi-Arabia/including travel
- Liaison Officer with the Protocol Office of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the G20-Presidency, coordination with the competent Ministries in Germany
- Travel arrangements and organization of side meetings and events for the delegations
- All relevant Protocol Affairs in this context
- Drafting of Arabic and English (and possibly German) letters, e-mails, diplomatic notes
- Conducting independent internet and media research and technical support
Requirements for the position are:
- Bachelor or equivalent university degree in communication/languages, economics, business administration, social, political or related sciences or equivalent qualification and experience as foreign language assistant/team assistant/personal assistant
- High interest in international and external relations
- Very good knowledge of English and Arabic (both reading and writing), native speakers in either language will be preferred.
- Additional knowledge of German (e.g. reading, understanding) is an advantage
- Social and communication skills, creativity and initiative as well as the ability to work in a team, willingness to cope with irregular and flexible working hours and business trips
- Work experience in the field of event management, protocol affairs communication and/or office organization is highly desirable
- Additional for non-Saudi candidates: Transferable work/residence permit/Iqama
Appointment will be on the basis of a one-year contract, salary scheme of the Embassy applies.
In order to be eligible for consideration your application must include:
- CV and letter of motivation
- References and/or testimonials, diplomas
- Copy of passport
- Additionally for non-Saudis: Copy of Iqama/work/residence permit for Saudi Arabia
Please send your application and the above mentioned documents by e-mail only to
email@example.com no later than October 30th, 2019.
Unfortunately we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of applications. We will only be contacting candidates who will be invited for an interview. We regret we are unable to refund travel expenses in connection with the interview.