German Ambassador Jörg Ranau
» Returning to the country where I started my diplomatic career, I myself and the entire Embassy seek to give renewed momentum to initiatives implementing our shared vision for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable future. « German Ambassador Jörg Ranau
Follow us on twitter
Current Events of the German Missions in Saudi-Arabia
Advertisement of a Vacancy
Assistant for Media and Social Media Affairs
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany announces the vacancy of the position of an assistant for Media and Social Media affairs with effect of July 1st, 2019.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring of the Saudi media with particular focus on press and social media, social media monitoring in the Gulf region
- Media communication with a focus on press and social media
- Drafting of Arabic and English texts about current political, economic and social issues as well as drafting of press Releases
- Conducting independent media research
- Updating and follow-up of the trilingual website of the German Embassy Riyadh as well as its Twitter and Instagram accounts
Requirements for the position are:
- Bachelor or equivalent university degree in communication, economics, social, political or natural sciences or a related subject or equivalent qualification
- Very good knowledge about social media, especially Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- High interest in international relations, regional politics and migration issues
- Arabic (native speaker)
- Very good knowledge of English language (reading and writing), German is an advantage
- Social and communication skills, creativity and initiative as well as the ability to work in a team, willingness to cope with irregular and flexible working hours
- Work experience in the field of media, communication and/or international relations is highly desirable
- Additional for non-Saudi candidates: Transferable work / residence permit / Iqama
Appointment will initially be on the basis of a one-year contract, with the possibility of extension.
In order to be eligible for consideration your application must include:
CV and letter of motivation
References and/or testimonials, diplomas
Copy of passport
Additionally for non-Saudis: Copy of Iqama/work /residence permit for Saudi Arabia
Please send your application and the above mentioned documents by e-mail only to email@example.com by May 30th, 2019, latest.
Unfortunately we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of applications. We will only be contacting candidates who will be invited to an interview. We regret we are unable to refund travel expenses arising from interviews.